Money Saver: Clothes Dryers
Furnished Housing customers want access to laundry facilities. According to the article excerpted below, Clothes dryers consume more than $100 worth of energy per year in a typical home. The following tips will help keep dryer energy use from spinning out of control:
- Dry full loads; it saves energy and saves you time.
- Dry towels and heavy cottons separately from lighter-weight clothes.
- Don’t over dry clothes. If your dryer has a moisture sensor, use it.
- Clean the lint filter in the dryer after every load to improve air circulation.
- Check the dryer vent regularly and keep it clean.
- Air dry clothes whenever possible; it’s free and can extend the life of some fabrics.
Looking for more ways to save? Money-Saving Quick Tips includes cost-saving strategies for home appliances, lighting, and more.